2 Methods of applying for a passport

Once you have your child's birth certificate in hand, you may proceed with applying for the child's passport.  The application process can be completed in one of two ways:

  • Expedited Service
  • In Person


If you are located in a remote area and/or are unable to apply in person, you may apply for your child's passport with the assistance of an expediter. 

When utilizing an expediter, you will complete the necessary documents and then present those documents to an approved Passport Acceptance Agency, which will likely be a nearby post office.  Your baby will need to be present when submitting the documents to the Passport Acceptance Agency.

Our clients frequently use Passport & Visa Advisors, who may be contacted at:

Passport & Visa Advisors

Phone - (704) 246-6373

Skype - pv_advisors

Email - mgilland@passportvisaadvisors.com  

Web - https://passportvisaadvisors.com/surrogacy


Alternatively, you may appear in person with your child to apply for the passport at a regional passport office (http://www.travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/information/where-to-apply/agencies.html)

To begin, you will need to call for an appointment at 877-487-2778.

What to Bring:

  • Appointment confirmation number.
  • Proof of international travel (must show travel within 2 weeks from the appointment date).
  • Completed DS-11 form for the child (https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/forms.html).                                      The form can be complete online and then printed.
  • All required supporting documentation, including the child's birth certificate, photos, photocopies of your identification/passports.
  • If two parents are listed on the birth certificate, both parents must appear in person.  If one parent is not available to attend the appointment, a Statement of Consent must be signed (http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/212243.pdf).
  • Payment (credit cards accepted (not ATM cards)).